How to create a design fast and on a budget?Tweet
You often hear clients that don’t have a big budget and they also want something fast but needs to look good. You have two options here, either refuse the client or create the design with stock vector images/elements. Creating a design with stock elements has the advantage that you don’t have to spend a lot of your time in creating a design from scratch.
There are a lot of websites that offers royalty free design elements that allows you to use them in commercial works. No matter if you are a professional designer or just a beginner, the trend of stock images and vectors is rising.
So how do we start creating a design on a budget with stock vector images?
- The first step is to know what the client wants.
- Get an idea of how you want the design to look like.
- Search for the design elements you need on websites like designious.com or similar, that allows you to use the elements in your commercial projects.
- Combine the elements you got with creativity and make a few variations (2-3 the most).
- Present the variations to the client.
- Polish the final design a bit and that’s it, your design is ready.
This should not take more than 2-3 hours of work if you have a bit of imagination and the right tools.
Stock elements can be used in your regular design work not necessarily when doing “budget design work “. Â They can improve and add a new flavor to your designs also make it more appealing.
Of course you don’t have to abuse of these graphic elements and use your talent as well, after all you are creating art that must have your designer signature.